Hi! We do professional reviews of website builders
- Honesty in testing of each product
- Independence in high rating to only the very best
- The most relevant information driven by research.
Scroll down if you would like to explore
will help you to select
a perfect Website Builder
Compare FREE Website Builders
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
- Premade Themes
- Mobile support
- Domain Name
We checked0website builders
and we will help to choose
the most relevant for you
to pick up the right website
builder. We will help you too
To get the own website is a great opportunity for many purposes: convenient creating online stores, making thematic sources to gather people with common interests.
But the web developer’s services are never cheap, to hire them you must be ready to pay a lot.
So why not to save some money by using a convenient option of website builders?
It’s not only profitable, this way is also straightforward and one of the most rapid for setting up your own website. The modern platforms make drag and drop tools available, due to this the setting up of the website becomes so simple.
However, it’s difficult to choose one platform as the best, they are not equal. The tools of one website builder can be more flexible, while other platforms offer more reliable services.
According to the difference, we decided to select 10 most popular tools for website building that the digital market provides in 2019.
But find out some tips before proceeding…
Website builders vs. services of web developers
The prices of custom websites usually start from $2000, but that doesn’t include all necessary services, so you prepare for paying more. You require the help of a freelance designer to change the interface as you wish. And the regular updates force to hire a webmaster, whose salary is never low (read: you definitely spend more money than it was expected).
Still there is a solution, all your goals can be reached at less than 1% of the following price. Just a few dollars per month let you get the same benefits, but save lots of money at the same time.
Your opportunities become wider, without the intervention of any tech support rep you can quickly add new pages, upload images immediately. All you need is to login yourself.
What website builders are intended to
To apply these services is a great decision for entrepreneurs and those who need a place for public content, but have little money. Let’s read the list of potential users:
- wedding planners;
Top 10 Website Builders in 2019
You should know: after you purchase one of the proposed builders using the review’s links, our reward is the pay from their developers. That’s how we support our resource, but there are no any extra fees for you. Above all, we tested all the platforms, marked their advantages and limitations. Only after that we chose the most convenient and useful ones to recommend to our readers.
If everything now is clear, let’s delve into a thorough review of our top-10 compilation. Each one is described with its pros and cons. That’s why the most suitable platforms are above others, while the services to avoid are coming down our list.
Ready to find out about them?
1. Wix.com – The Choise for Small Business Companies
CONS of Wix
- For creating and running on one account here you monthly pay $6 (with Google G Suite).
- The live messaging is missing, but the support via the system of tickets or with the convenient phone calls is available full time.
PROS of Wix
- The source is one of the most famous, has a big experience and provides hosting to as much as one hundred million clients throughout the world. The comments of users prove that the service is reliable.
- The offers for eCommerce stores begin with $20 per month, that’s quite a bargain. And the range of available products is rather wide – they are registrations and bookings for the following events, other opportunities.
- The collection of the patterns in the library can amaze. More than 500 designed options fit any purposes, users of different categories find what they need.
- The interface is extremely clear, tools are not difficult to use. Possibilities for customizing are almost boundless. You may always transform your project instantly due to the simple navigating and understandable software menu.
- The endless ideas for creating easily become true according to the available Wix tools. Besides common eCommerce qualities with typical features, users can find a music player that is a useful instrument together with the media gallery for video uploading. There are also templates for ordering menu in cafes and restaurants, the organizers of different events can use the required invitations.
- We checked the system of support with tickets. Our appeal included several question to the service department. The answer was quick and informative, within 12 hours we received the necessary reply. Well, it’s rather convenient.
- Our check of the reliability of the the site showed the result of 99.98% for the previous six months. Meanwhile, the speed didn’t fall behind, its indicator showed ~581ms, that’s definitely a worthy experiment.
- Users can find here some profitable bargains. The discounts connected with long-term purchases allow to save a lot. If you invest more money now, you can win lots of benefits then. During our experiment we decided to prepay for the annual plan, so for $132.00 our bonus was a free domain. What is important, there was whois privacy security. And if to choose the longer term (for two-three years), the discount will essentially rise, you save up to $216.
In comparison with other site builders that we have used, Wix has shown itself as one of the most convenient due to the diversified software. With all its features, it’s still easy to use the platform.
The great variety of themes to choose allows users to apply the service for many goals: it both fits the blog platform and can help to set up the awesome professional online store or make a presentable restaurant site. All the themes are well designed, creative users can’t complain on the lack of the developers’ imagination.
The prices are so budget-friendly, that you can use Wix not only for business. Having your own platform for the hobbie’s content is always a great fun.
Millions of glad businessmen, leading their companies online, prove that Wix is right what successful workers need.
You can try it on yourself for free…
2. SiteBuilder – Best Website Builder for Low Budget
CONS of SiteBuilder
- The price of the emails through Google’s GSuite comes to $6 per one month. (Just to mention, the previous platform and many other services from our review have the same requirements.)
- The updated prices are higher, the introductory increased twice (from $3.84 per month – to $7.68 for the same period).
PROS of SiteBuilder
- The available plans of SiteBuilder are absolutely limitless. Any restrictions for bandwidth are missing, the amount of data here can be unlimited due to the spacious storage.
- The amount of up-to-date templates comes over 1,200 ones. We are definitely sure that only here you can get such a rich selection.
- The modern software provides everything for your online store to function well. Due to the e-commerce with its amazing and affordable features, the platform is proud of its facility of access. You customize easily, without any affords. All you need is to click on the chosen tool and adjust. Do it as in an example below.
- Users get a useful bonus – the domain names comes for free during the first year. By the way, you don’t have to use any unwanted adds because of this.
- As for the reliability of the site working, our test found out that the decent uptime for the last half of the year was perfect – the result is 99.99%. It was totally going down only for 9 minutes because of four outages.
- Our experience of cooperating with the support was so positive. The live chat was immediately joined with qualified helpers of SiteBuilder. All our questions were completely answered, considering all the details. It wasn’t the robot’s answer, after which we had to go on surfing. Due to the apply we’ve got enough information.
- As for the interesting bargains – this platform isn’t an exception. The discount for buying the plan beforehand makes up 50%. It means that if you buy the plan for one or two years, your profit is the one year of using free domain and the half of the year’s price. While our experiment we paid $143.76, that was the price for two years. And you must remember that when this discount is over, the prices start rising twice. So you must purchase as much as possible to use the bargain for longer time.
The site easily transforms because of the great amount of theme options, they all are flexible and can be modified after you drag and drop the chosen sections.
The promotion side of this project is also amazing, the current discounts are awesome. The entire first year you can use the free domain name, the plan is rather affordable, especially in comparison with other offers from the following review.
If to take an account of all these advantages and not to forget that he uptime is almost flawless, you can realise that this platform is perfect for the confident start.
The users of SiteBuilder agree that it’s an advanced tool for creating dependable website without losing much time and paying a lot.
3. Site123 – Best for Small Websites or Blogs
CONS of Site123
- Unfortunately, it’s not allowed to buy custom email accounts, as you see, you only can upgrade your plan to do that.
- The support is 24/7, but the answers seem to be copy-past, so it’s difficult to find the replies to the specific questions. For instance – in our apply we asked for the number of users who work with the platform and about other template options. The answer wasn’t concretic, just the part of the websites information about the privacy rules. As for the typical questions about the software and the platform’s opportunities – the replies were only the links for the standard information on the web. So the support works full time, but unusual problems are difficult to solve with the help of it here, you must learn to work with information yourself.
PROS of Site123
- If you hesitate to invest before trying on – it’s not a problem. The free plan for testing gives the representation of the tools and software. Though it’s rather limited, the main goal to help in getting acquainted is easily reached.
- The price for the most affordable plan begins with $22.80 and the dedicated help section supports the e-commerce working a lot.
- Though the company doesn’t confirm this fact, we deal this information with our readers. This platform provides more than 250 design templates to use them for various directions. They are well designed and fit different tasks, users of many industries work with this software. So you get an opportunity to reorder small posts or the whole pages within seconds, just click and drag at the right place.
- The popular Site123 again shows impressive results in uptime checking – the 99.97% is considered to be a great mark for the following platforms.
- The cost of the basic plan is affordable for those who are going to use the content for blogs or small websites. As for our experiment – we just paid $129.60 per 12 months, the domain name is fortunately already included.
Though the situation with the support is unpleasant, we still kindly recommend this product for simple relatively projects. The range of patterns is rather wide, the speed and uptime are excellent, keep this result for a long time.
The lack of live support is compensated by really awesome services. You don’t have to stop on small projects, but as it starts growing, the price quickly rises too.
Consequently, there is a reasonable alternative for using this resource instead of building out a custom site. In a year of usage you can decide whether you still want to use it. If yes – get ready to pay a decent sum and enjoy all the benefits.
4. Jimdo – Intuitive Builder With Bounded Amount of Templates
CONS of Jimdo
- Contrasting with the previous tool that had more than 1000 themes, this one gets only 16 main patterns.
- The questions can’t be answered quickly. Unfortunately, the appeal with the cheapest plan usually takes 1-2 working days, the possibility of making phone calls is absent, only if your case is urgent.
- The situation with upworking is not so satisfying – for the last 6 months happened 49 outages while the average speed was 917 ms. Not so effective.
PROS of Jimdo
- The position of payment is completely clear – the price is advertised as nine dollars per month. So you should pay $108 for the one year of service. The hidden costs are missing, but there aren’t any discounts either.
- As for the speed of creating websites and the convenience of the process – our experiment took us not more than 20 minutes to set up the test site.
- For those who prefer using several email accounts there are good news: each one is very cheap, it costs $1 for month.
- The cheapest plan here is only $19, that is rather profitable. Like the previous companies, this one allows its users to get a domain for free during the entire first year. To continue this you need $20 for 12 months.
It’s difficult to answer definitely…
The design is initially neat and clear, in some cases it’s even more contemporary than the other platforms had.
Email accounts are very affordable, the products appearing on their e-commerce plans are unlimited. The website has no difficult options, you just open the page and start working.
But some negative experiences still appears, the test of the speed shows unreliable results. The amount of only 16 patterns doesn’t impress, so the tools for customisation are rather limited.
This offer is suitable for projects with one page. If you need more options – try on Wix.
5. Squarespace – Best Photographers Choice
CONS of Squarespace
- The price of services is not budget-friendly. A typical website costs approximately $12-18 monthly, and if it is going to be an online store – you should pay at least twice more. The prices already take an account of discount for paying beforehand. We can’t assert that it isn’t worth such money, but the final eCommerce price in $40 for month is also the most expensive. The prices, though, are exact, while purchasing we paid as much as it was expected.
- Still, this cost is not involving the email accounts. For them you must be ready to pay $5 monthly.
- The connection with the support during our survey was rather upsetting. The platform provides lots of pages with information, but through these huge texts it’s almost impossible to find what you need, so we wasted lots of time on resultless searching. To get the real chat was extremely difficult – this option is hidden. Only after filling out all the three drop-down boxes with the description of our problem we managed to connect. Meanwhile we were waiting, the system was constantly trying to send us to the topics of information about the issue. The agent finally appeared, but after 20 minutes of waiting he still directed us to the how-to article.
- Through Google Suite the extra email accounts will be $6 per one month.
PROS of Squarespace
- Perhaps these are the consequences of the cost that is not low, but for users who look for image-based websites it’s one of the most suitable. Wedding planners and photographers will estimate this service.
- More than 200 design templates are amazing, they combine bright design with serious looking of professional pages.
- Though the sites on this platform really look like they are custommed, they still have a convenient editor which helps to transform the site so quickly.
- The data amount or bandwidth of the available plans are limitless.
- The experience with the upwork amazed, the whole 99.98% for the half of the year. It comes together with 326ms speed, so the results are quite impressive.
We both agree and disagree.
When your goal is to create a design-centric niche (we mean: fashion), this source is worth rather serious investings.
Although, most of common users agree that the cost is not always reasonable, especially when you just need some simple tools, so in some cases you can look for something cheaper.
6. GoDaddy – Convenient, But With Some Difficulties
CONS of GoDaddy
- Rather high price consists of $9.99 for every email. And the integration occurs with Microsoft Office, not with Google. The task of working becomes more difficult.
- To talk about support, we had an uncertain experience. To get to the live chat we had to log on and to wait. More than half an hour we were expecting to have a quick reply, but the position of the platform is not like that. The demands of the connected rep were to access our account by using 4 digit support PIN. So the support works only with those who have already paid money and own the accounts. But if the questions are just about its purchasing – you can’t connect even with common tasks.
- The upsales cause the complications of navigating. There is a proposal for the entire year of necessary and free domain name, but after that the cost becomes higher and turns into $17.99 per one month.
PROS of GoDaddy
- The tools for design include over 1500 patterns, each has its own direction, so everything depends on your site’s theme and your imagination. If you don’t like the variant – simply change it into another one.
- The software has common drag-and-drop interface, there is no anything unusual. It’s not completely intuitive, but still deserves your attention.
- The question of scheduling is very important here – users who help their clients to organize themselves find these options rather convenient.
- To get acquainted with the interface better you have an opportunity to sample it during the first month for free. It’s a great option for those who don’t prefer investment before testing.
- We were really thrilled from the positive side because of the solid performance of the platform’s indicators. The test showed the whole 99.99% with only one short (2 minutes) fail for all this time.
- We can’t claim that it’s the most expensive offer on digital market, it’s completely affordable, especially if to mention all GoDaddy’s useful features. So we paid $143.86 for one year of usage and added $14.60 for our domain.
Our answer is uncertain.
There are many useful options here, but users can face some problems too. The first difficulty is connected with the builder’s interface, it’s not very convenient.
Some variants from our review like Wix are more competitive.
By the way, the price for eCommerce plans is not so low, you must be ready to pay.
And the situation with long support’s reply showed not a good side of the project.
7. WordPress – Best for Bloggers and Advanced Users
CONS of WordPress.com
- The users with little experience find it hard to work with some technical tools, so it’s not suitable for beginners.
- Most plans don’t have free domain, you should additionally pay $22 for the entire year, that price isn’t low.
- If you choose more affordable plans, be ready to get not all the functions. For instance, some plans don’t have PayPal buttons included.
- If the amount of over 200 themes is impressing, you still can’t use some of them to drag and drop easily.
PROS of WordPress.com
- This platform is one of the most famous among the website projects, about half of the top sites are set up on this engine.
- When you have enough skills for working with the software, it becomes a wonderful tool for experienced users. And using WooCommerce you get a profitable opportunity to add online store without paying.
- Our attempts to make the own sample site led to this result, you can check it.
- Being paid users, we quickly connected with support rep. The chat-with-us form is convenient and the answer comes within three minutes. The reply completely covers the problem, there are no unsolved questions left. Much better than directing us to the how-to links on previous platforms.
- As for the hosting account – it’s not necessary to get your own one, the resource allows to purchase it right on the platform. During our survey we chose the Personal plan with the cost of $4 per month so the total bill was $48 for the whole year, a rather profitable deal.
- Finally let’s mention the condition of WordPress’ upworking, its load time is ~300ms, while the uptime makes up all the 99.99%. Pretty good, we think.
Definitely, the platform is not for users with lack of experience.
Professionals will easily find out how to work here, they easily handle the workload and use excellent tools to bring creative ideas to life.
If you have experience with other simple platforms, this one is a perfect “next step”, here you find more maintenance and rapidly improve your skills.
Those who never worked with website building before should better find a simpler instrument for the first time.
8. Weebly – Won’t Impress Advanced Users
CONS of Weebly
- The range of themes doesn’t impress, you can choose one of 60 variants, but some of them are rather old already.
- The price for every email comes as $5 a pop.
- When you choose inexpensive plans – that doesn’t mean that you save money, they are very bounded, so you have to upgrade soon.
- The upworking mark is 99.97%, that is rather high, but not as reliable as other platforms can offer.
PROS of Weebly
- Not ready to buy without checking? So the bounced free plan with no fees is a good idea for you, test it yourself before purchasing.
- Free trial for 15 days is another opportunity to sample the platform.
- Well-designed templates are stored according to their theme, type. The developers didn’t forget about eCommerce and added drag-and-drop tools.
- Beginners will enjoy the understandable editor with no difficult options. To reach you goals of website building you just follow the intuitive navigating.
- Have lots of data? Then an idea to get a cheap unlimited bandwidth is suitable for you.
- The support rep amazed us, agents are qualified, answer all the questions without directing users to how-to links.
This platform is definitely worth visiting, its intuitive editor and other convenient options are rather useful. Free or trial plans make this deal profitable.
But the final cost doesn’t correspond to the problems with site performance and lack of themes.
9. Webs – Slow Speed and Lack of Updates
CONS of Webs
- Like on one of the platforms before, here you must upgrade to get access to several email accounts. It’s not budget-friendly.
- If to look at other modern templates, these ones don’t seem to be so updated. While the affords to edit here are rather high.
- Users face the common problem again – the affordable plan for $5.99 is so bounced, while the price for E-commerce plans begins with at least $22.99 for 12 months.
- The renewal rates are much higher. Here you can notice a good example of how the cost changes after the discount expires. If the price for the first year is pretty good, then it quickly rises. The second and the third years are quite more expensive. So the only variant to save as much money as possible is to prepay a lot.
- The performance of this platform slightly shocked us – the mark of uptime reached 99.83% for several previous months. If we should work here, customers could regularly complain on this problem. Isn’t it a bad indicator?
PROS of Webs
- The amount of users proves that the platform is still very popular among those who work with the web, more than 55 million sites are hosted with its help.
- Creative designers can estimate the wide range of themes and colourful patterns.
- The position of support is clear, live chat is always available within a few seconds. While qualified agents try to do their best.
Its options are normal, but that’s not enough for modern websites.
Various templates are still outdated, the alternative companies offer much more for this price. The results of upworking test aren’t satisfactory, while the cost is pretty high.
10. Web – Problems with Billing and Refunds
Lots of Web commercial attracted our attention, so we decided to check it. We hoped that all this advertising is true, but unfortunately we didn’t even sign up or pay. So what’s wrong?
- What shocked us the most is the shady system of payment. We faced lots of upsells and found out that users are able to cancel the plan only by making a phone call. So, it’s the main reason not to deal with the company.
- Then we discovered another unpleasant moment, while purchasing you don’t exactly know what you get. For instance, the ‘Do It Yourself” plan with hidden options, isn’t it vague?
- Lots of themes are available, but they really don’t look good. The designers will agree that developers didn’t pay much attention at this moment, though some designs are OK.
- Users don’t find the drag-and-drop editor, so the only available actions are to change some basic options, but without customizing.
- Now we aren’t sure that the reviews from glad users are real, there are too many strange moments.
- The angry reviews prove that not everything is clear with the performance, one disappointed customer shares his problem. The site hasn’t been fixed for two weeks, while there were 31 trouble tickets already. He wanted to change the domain name and after that all the system failed. Though he has been using the resource since 2001, no one is going to solve the problem quickly.
- And now the most surprising fact which we decided to show at the end. The price for these services with all the problems and cons is over $22.00 per month. Isn’t it unfair? This offer is even more expensive than top builders like Wix or others, while the service is awful. That’s why we decided not to sign up, it would be crazy to pay for the headache afterwards.
Why MOST ‘Free’ Website Builders Aren’t in Fact Free
Actually, these platforms really have various tools for free.
Isn’t it a good news?
But we can confidently claim that it’s really too good for being true.
What problems can users with lack of experience face?
Problem #1 – No Domain Name
Is it familiar when you’ve spent lots of time trying to put your “free” website together with the brand? And imagine the moment when you are going to push the Publish button for sharing it with the whole world.
And you know what? You realize that there’s no domain name.
Most names provided by the standard platforms don’t look professional, the names usually are also the advertising for the companies. It’s either not unique, nor the most advanced approach.
Will your customers enjoy this and remember that brand’s name? Constantly not.
If the users need this for commercial reasons – that will do, but in most cases you should pay attention at this moment.
Several platforms from the review propone domain names for free, but there are usually hidden demands here.
Sometimes it’s only for the short term or the option is very limited.
Problem #2 – Plan Limitations
You are glad to get the free plan before you realize how bounded it is, let’s read about it.
To tell the truth, you by all means will be forced to waste more money for necessary upgradings.
- Need 10+ themes or patterns? Get your cash.
- Going to create personal email account? Be ready to pay.
- Imagine that your site has advanced options like search boxes or contact forms? Need your money again.
- Ready to add a eCommerce shop? It’s not for free.
- Support must solve some problems? Get ready the bill.
- Interested in your site statistics or decide to add more photos than allowed? Extra fees again.
As you can see, this unpleasant list can be endless.
Most often companies claim that the services are free, but they don’t tell about that it’s not forever or that most free tools are not convenient.
Now you see, not only you face these problems.
Even for this review we had to spend not a low sum, that, by the way, wasn’t expected first. We lost a lot of money, though the gained information so worthy.
Problem #3 – No Control Over Your Site
A very serious moment, especially when you waste lots of time and affords to add necessary content. Perhaps you are filling your online store or regularly write for the blog.
You see the result and it’s amazing.
But once you surf the net and discover the the website is simply gone.
Not only failed, but completely disappeared with all the data.
You rapidly try to connect to the support and after a long expecting find out that the site violated the terms and was disabled by the developers.
That means that when you choose the partner foe such a long time – you must predict these problems and pay attention even at small details. So, you can pay about $5-20 per month for a good website and that is a guarantee for your stability, isn’t it worthy.
So which website builder is the Best for Your Purposes?
So, we conclude that website builders are suitable for both beginners and advanced businessmen. Most options are affordable and easy to use, and you don’t have to wait too long like when you want to get the custom site.
- By using SiteBuilder or Wix you really get what you want without overpaying.
- Beginners would enjoy Wix because of its accessible options.
- Creative users working with images will estimate well-looking SiteBuilder’s templates.
And what do you think about these platforms? What is your experience of using tools like this? Share your opinion with a comment below. Thanks for reading.